Residential Settlements & Title Searches
Other Title & Settlement Services
Just as you purchase homeowner’s insurance to protect your home against fire or other catastrophe, you should also purchase an “Owner’s Title Insurance Policy” to protect your investment against defects in the title to your property. Your lender will require that you purchase a “Lender’s Title Insurance Policy” to protect the lender for the amount of your loan.
Other Real Estate Transactions
Other real estate transactions include things like thorough title background checks, preparing related documentation, and much more.
Main Street Title
WHY CHOOSE US?
Experience ~ Dedication ~ Quality
- With decades of experience behind us, the attorneys and staff at Main Street Title owe our continued success to providing superior service to our customers at reasonable rates.
- Our capable staff of attorneys and processors know what to look for and prevent problems before closing. We are dedicated to make sure your transactions are handled properly the first time.
- We make sure your transactions are handled properly the first time. An experienced attorney reviews each and every closing. We believe in providing the highest quality of service possible and we utilize our experience, dedication, and resources to make that happen.
We offer a full range of settlement and support services, including purchases, refinances, home equity lines of credit, acquisition / construction, construction / permanent, and auction / foreclosure purchases. Our processors and licensed settlement officers are extremely knowledgeable, and go above and beyond the call of duty to provide our customers with the level of professionalism and expedient services unsurpassed by others in the industry. Our experience allows us to identify and resolve settlement and closing issues not only from the title side but also from a realtor and lender’s perspective. We are able to respond to the needs of lenders and realtors with the same sense of urgency that home buyers and business clients expect of us throughout the settlement process. Our in-house attorneys and licensed settlement officers will conduct closings at a time and place convenient for you and your client, including after-hours and weekend closings. We are confident that you will be pleased with the services we provide. Please don’t hesitate to inquire in the market place as to our outstanding reputation. Our fee schedule is competitive and our turn-around time is remarkably quick. If you desire any additional information, please feel free to contact us.
Title Insurance covers against a variety of hidden defects, the most common of which are as follows:
- A forged will or deed that does not transfer title to the buyer
- Deeds, wills, and trusts that contain incorrect names
- Unpaid mortgages, judgments or tax liens
- Incorrect notary acknowledgments
- Documents executed under an expired or fabricated power of attorney
- A signature of a minor or mentally incompetent person
- Fraudulent misrepresentations
- Previously undisclosed heirs with claims against the property
- Invalid divorces
- False affidavits
- Sellers who misrepresent their marital status
- Clerical errors in the land records office of the courthouse
- Confusion arising from similarity of names
- Undiscovered wills
Examples of Other Real Estate Transactions:
- Title Background Checks
- Through Title Searches
- Preparing Related Documentation
MEET THE TEAM
We provide a full range of settlement services for both commercial and residential properties throughout the Baltimore Metropolitan region and Washington, DC. We work with realtors, lenders, builders, businesses, and home buyers to ensure each closing process is flawless in all of our settlements. All of our real estate title work, settlements, and closings are completed in a thorough and professional manner, in accordance with Maryland laws. Our attorneys are highly-experienced, respected, Maryland licensed, real estate title attorneys. Client satisfaction is very important to us.
Mary Lou Gregg
Mary Ann Hammel